National Scout & Guide Fellowship News #11 (June 2014) - UPDATED
The National Scout and Guide Fellowship of Australia are hosting the 27th ISGF World Conference and the organizing committee requires your immediate support.
Australian and International members of NSGFs, this is your event. It is a once in a life time event for many Australians and your support is essential to ensure its success.
This event requires 350 participants attending full time at the event cost of $650.00. Currently we have 302 applications of which 100 are delegates and includes the World Committee of 11 whose event fees and accommodation is funded by the event. Of those 302, 55+ have not yet paid any fees (which includes 5 Australians). Five Libyans from a large contingent have cancelled due to trouble within their country; we are hopeful that the remainder of this contingent will still be able to attend.
Balance of payment plus travel forms are required by no later than the 15th July.
If you plan to attend and have not yet:
- applied and paid a deposit
- paid your deposit but have not sent the paper work
- applied but not yet sent the deposit
- indicated that you are attending but have neither applied or sent your deposit
Please DO SO IMMEDIATELY as it is very difficult for the organising committee to finalize plans and to balance their budget.
Where: Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park, Australia.
When: Friday, 10th October (Registration) through to Wednesday, 15th October 2014 (including the optional day tour.
Theme: Friendship – Beneath Southern Skies. You will find all paperwork concerning this Conference by clicking on the W Conference logo on the ISGF homepage or from your state B P / T G/ St George Guild.
Full time -Registration fee: AU$650 (includes all plenary sessions, lunches, tea breaks and dinner for 4 nights (dinner on 10 and 15 October on your own expense).
Forms and other information: about the World Conference are available from the NSGFA and ISGF websites, by contacting Margaret Worthington , can be found online here, or contact Organising Committee World Conference, P.O. Box 1021, Wentworthville 2145, Australia
Some interesting financial facts for the 27th World Conference to be held in Sydney October 2014:
- Contract signed with The Sydney Showground’s for the Conference Venue.
- Contract signed with The Accor Group: Ibis Sydney Olympic Park; Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park and Ibis Budget Enfield;
- Event Cancellation Insurance has been obtained
- Scarves, badges etc for the number who have currently applied have been ordered
- Material required for the Gateway has been obtained
- Accommodation is in the process of being allocated to those participants who have applied and paid a deposit.
- Dinner Cruise plans are being finalised
- Volunteers are still required. I have attached a copy of the Volunteer Form for you to complete and return to Margaret Worthington on or before by 30th June 2014. If you wish to join us for the evening meal on the day/s you are volunteering please attach a $45.00 payment or $68.00 for the Dinner Cruise. Lunch; morning or afternoon tea is not provided but there are local coffee shops to purchase food and drinks or bring your own. Form online
- One day only participants: If you wish to join us for one day only please find the application form online. The Opening Ceremony Saturday 11th October would certainly be a wonderful day to participate in.
- Members of Trefoil Guild from each State and territory have donated 600 small calico bags to be filled with gifts for the participants.
Now we appeal to the members of and Baden Powell, Trefoil and St Georges guilds to donate Australiana gifts to fill them with. The dimension of the bags is 30cm x 15cm. We are looking for a selection of donations. Suggestions are: tea bags; jam, honey and vegemite satchels, kangaroo pins; clip on koalas; fridge magnets etc. Alternatively a cash donation would be appreciated to allow suitable items to be purchased. Please respond to Barbara Dean by email at by 30th July 2014 if you are able to assist and in what manner.
- NSGFA shop at the 27th ISGF World Conference: Thank you to those who have donated items -it is much appreciated. More donations would be appreciated.
The NSGFA require volunteers to man both the ISGF and the NSGFA shops which will be open during free time for the duration of the event. Please advise Helen Badrick in NSW for donations, or for other offers of assistance or donations in other states, contact Barbara Dean .
Forms and other information about the World Conference are available from the NSGFA and ISGF websites, by contacting Margaret Worthington, or can be found online here.
COMING EVENTS :
NSGFA Annual General Meeting / Changeover. The NSGFA Executive rotates round Australia for 3 year terms. The Executive will move from Victoria to Queensland and the “Changeover” will take place on 2 November 2014 at Kindilan Outdoor Education Centre, Days Road, Redland Bay Queensland. BP Guild Masters to arrive 31 October. On the 1st November in the morning is the Australian Baden Powell Guild Masters meeting followed in the afternoon by the Australian B P Guild AGM.
2nd November AGM for the NSGFA/Handover. Detailed forms will be circulated closer to the date. Brisbane Trefoil House at Kindilan has been booked for Trefoil Guild members who wish to attend.